HFpEF: Current and future clinical approaches to manage HFpEF
HFpEF: The essentials to know
This video is part of an educational series of four lectures focussed on The Essentials to know about HFpEF. In this module, Prof. Burkert Pieske summarizes current treatment strategies for HFpEF and discusses new treatment options that are currently being investigated.
Video navigation menu
- Current treatment strategies in HFpEF 02:55
- Effect of spironolactone in HFpEF 04:36
- New treatment options that are currently being investigated 06:36
- ESC 2016: General principles for management of HFpEF 13:42
This educational video is the fourth part of a series called "HFpEF: The essentials to know" that are aimed to give cardiologists and other health care professionals involved in the management of heart failure a well-balanced expert view on the current state of the art about the disease.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-cme. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Other topics covered in this series
Other lectures part of this educational series are:
- HFpEF: What is it & size of the problem - Prof. Adriaan Voors, MD, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
- What is HFpEF & How do we make the diagnosis? - Prof. Barry Borlaug, MD, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- HFpEF: What are the most likely pathophysiological mechanisms involved in the disease - Prof. Carolyn Lam, MD, National Heart Centre Singapore
Prof. Burkert Pieske is Director, Medical Department, Division of Cardiology Charité - University Medicine Berlin and Department of Internal Medicine - Cardiology, German Heart Institute, Berlin, Germany
This course is applied for online CME accreditation at EBAC (European Board for Accreitation in Cardiology). Once accredited the CME programme will be available in our CME section
This educational series is funded by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Novartis.