DKD and CV risk: What is the potential of targeting GLP-1?10' education - June 16, 2020 - Prof. Erik Stroes, MD - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Video navigation menu
- CVD risk in DKD patients 00:45
- What drives residual CV risk in DK? 03:25
- Novel opportunities - anti-inflammatory strategies 05:31
- Novel opportunities - targeting calcification 09:54
- Mechanisms of CV benefit by GLP-1RAs 11:37
What is/are potential mechanism(s) for CV benefit by GLP-1RAs?
- A. Improved glycemic control but unchanged lipid levels
- B. GLP-1RA may upregulate expression of TNFα in the heart
- C. Activation of GLP-1 on macrophages drives them into the active state (M1)
- D. Dose-dependent weight reduction and lowering of blood pressure
This lecture by prof. Erik Stroes was part of the EBAC-accredited symposium "Cardiorenal cross-talk in diabetes: The preventive challenge in DKD for GLP-1RA" held during ERA EDTA Virtual Congress 2020.
Prof. Erik Stroes, MD - Professor of Vascular Medicine, Amsterdam University Medical Centers, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk A/S.