Tools to detect FH
Video navigation menu
- Clinical diagnosis vs. genetic diagnosis 01:40
- Tools to detect FH patients 2:55
- The DLCN online tool 4:00
What is true about the Dutch Lipid Clinic Network (DLCN) criteria:
- A. An FH score >6 indicates definite FH
- B. Is difficult to use as untreated LDL-c is often unknown
- C. Consist of questions about family history, LDL-c levels and presence of xanthomas.
- D. The highest score (8) is attributed to LDL-c >6.5
The aim of this video is to highlight various aspects that are important for the diagnosis and treatment of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) and thereby raise awareness about FH.
Rens Reeskamp, MD is PhD candidate at the Amsterdam UMC in the Netherlands.
The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.