Familial Hypercholesterolemia: Why and how to screen?
Video navigation menu
- Why should we screen for FH? 00:24
- Identification of FH patients 04:41
- LDL-c levels in FH 06:26
At similar LDL-c levels, risk of CAD is ___ in individuals with an FH mutation vs. those without an FH mutation, ___.
- A. similar, across all LDL-c categories
- B. similar, but only for those in lowest LDL-c categories (<160 mg/mL)
- C. higher, across all LDL-c categories
- D. higher, but only for those in highest LDL-c categories (≥190 mg/mL)
The aim of this video is to highlight various aspects that are important for the diagnosis and treatment of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) and thus raise awareness about FH.
Prof. Kees Hovingh, MD, PhD is internist at the Amsterdam UMC in the Netherlands,.
The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
The information and data provided in this program were updated and correct at the time of the program development, but may be subject to change.
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: