Diabetes and CKD: is it all about managing glucose?10' education - July 1, 2020 - Prof. Melanie Davies, MD - University of Leicester, UK
Video navigation menu
- The interrelationship between T2DM, CVD (including HF) and CKD 00:33
- GLP-1: the conductor of the diabetes orchestra 02:37
- Management of T2DM patients with ASCVD, HF or CKD 03:58
- Members of the GLP-1RA class and their effects 08:05
- Combined use of SGLT2i and GLP-1RAs 10:22
In the ADA-EASD Consensus Report update of 2019 it is stated that:
- A. baseline HbA1c should be taken into account when considering GLP-1RAs or SGLT2i
- B. target HbA1c should be taken into account when considering GLP-1RAs or SGLT2i
- C. when ASCVD predominates, all members of the GLP-1RA class can be considered
- D. GLP-1RAs or SGLT2i should be considered for management of weight and hypoglycemia
This lecture by prof. Melanie Davies was part of the EBAC-accredited symposium "Cardiorenal cross-talk in diabetes: The preventive challenge in DKD for GLP-1RA" held during ERA EDTA Virtual Congress 2020.
Melanie Davies, MD, is Professor of Diabetes Medicine at the University of Leicester, UK.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk A/S.