A marriage of clinical trial results and imaging findings with icosapent ethyl
Results of the EVAPORATE trial10' education - Sep. 21, 2020 - Fabrice Martens, MD, PhD, prof. Matthew Budoff, MD and prof. Gabriel Steg MD
Video navigation menu
- Results of the EVAPORATE study 00:54
- Start of the discussion: mechanism of action, inertness of placebo 04:42
- Discussion: low attenuation plaque volume as primary end point, heterogeneity of treatment effect, calcified plaques 08:50
- Discussion: likely multifactorial effects, stenosis 14:26
The educational objective of this video is to provide cardiovascular physicians with the latest findings and interpretations of studies.
- Fabrice Martens, MD, PhD is a cardiologist at the Deventer Hospital, The Netherlands
- Ph. Gabriel Steg, MD is a cardiologist in the Hôpital Bichat, Paris, France. He is also Professor at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK.
- Matthew J Budoff, MD is investigator at Lundquist Institute and Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Program Director and Director of Cardiac CT, Division of Cardiology, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
This educational program was sponsored by unrestricted educational grants from Amarin.