How can GLP-1RA benefit a patient with diabetes and CKD?
Subtitling in English, German, Italian, Spanish and French
Click here to watch this as part of CME accredited course
Video navigation menu
- Effect of GLP-1RAs on renal and CV risk factors 1:10
- Definition of renal outcomes 4:59
- Effect of GLP-1RAs on renal outcomes 5:59
- GLP-1RAs reduce CV outcomes 8:09
What are findings from trials with GLP-1RAs with regard to macroalbuminuria?
- A. Macroalbuminuria was not reduced by GLP-1RA
- B. Reduction of macroalbuminuria by GLP-1RA can be explained by renal risk factors
- C. GLP-1RA reduced macroalbuminuria, but this was not explained by renal risk factors
- D. The effect of GLP-1RA on macroalbuminuria was heterogenous
- E. Microalbuminuria was reduced by GLP-1RA, not macroalbuminuria
This lecture by Daniël van Raalte was part of the EBAC-accredited symposium "GLP-1RA in DKD: A new preventive challenge" held during the virtual ERA EDTA 2021 congress.
Dr. Daniël van Raalte is internist-endocrinologist in Amsterdam UMC, locatie VUmc, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk A/S.
The information and data provided in this program were updated and correct at the time of the program development, but may be subject to change.
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: