What clinical data support the practical use of potassium binders?
Video navigation menu
- Therapeutic options for treatment of hyperkalemia 0:25
- The effect of patiromer and ZS-9 on potassium levels 2:00
- The effect of patiromer on enablement of RAASi therapy 4:20
- Do novel potassium binders improve CV outcomes? 7:32
What is being investigated in the DIAMOND trial?
- A. The effect of patiromer on potassium in HF patients
- B. The effect of patiromer on enablement of RAASi therapy in CKD patients
- C. The effect of patiromer on potassium levels in CKD patients
- D. The effect of ZS-9 on CV outcomes in HF patients
This lecture by Peter van der Meer is part of a series titled "3 Things a cardiologist needs to know about potassium binding".
This program has been designed to provide cardiologists insights in the role of potassium binding as RAASi enabling therapy in the management of patients with cardiorenal disease and /or heart failure. This series consists of three presentations.
Prof. Peter van der Meer, MD, PhD is cardiologist at the University Medical Center Groningen in the Netherlands.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant received from Vifor.