Lipid management and the potential role of bempedoic acid
Video navigation menu
- Introduction about LDL-c 0:13
- What is bempedoïc acid? 4:27
- Study results 5:38
- Current status and future 8:39
Wat is the mechanism of action of bempedoic acid?
- A. Similar as that of statine; it inhibits HMGR
- B. It inhibits OAT2 in the kidneys. resulting in an increase of uric acid and creatinine, and a decrease of LDL-c
- C. Conversion to the active drug in muscle cells results in LDLR upregulation
- D. ACL inhibition results in reduced cholesterol synthesis and subsequently increased LDLR expression
Rens Reeskamp is internist in training in the OLVG, Amsterdam and postdoctoral researcher at the department Vascular Medicine in the Amsterdam UMC, The Netherlands.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-CME. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-CME.
The information and data provided in this program were updated and correct at the time of the program development, but may be subject to change.
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: