What is the evidence of SGLT2i in CKD?
4 things to know about CKD and SGLT2i - lecture 1 out of 410' education - Feb. 7, 2023 - Prof. Hiddo L. Heerspink, PhD - Groningen, The Netherlands
Video navigation menu
- Kidney outcome trials with SGLT2i in patients with CKD 01:28
- Benefit of SGLT2i to delay CKD progression 02:10
- SGLT2i also reduce the risk of acute kidney injury 03:26
- Effect of SGLT2i on hospitalizations or death in patients with CKD 03:55
- SGLT2i reduce the incidence of anemia 04:57
- Lifetime benefit of combined treatment with ACEi and SGLT2i 05:51
- Conclusions 06:21
In your option, are SGLT2i a foundational therapy in patients with CKD?
- A. Yes, in patients with CKD with or without T2DM
- B. Yes, but only in patients with CKD and T2DM
- C. No
This educational video is part of a series called '4 Things to know about CKD and SGLT2i'
Prof. Hiddo L. Heerspink, PhD is a clinical pharmacologist at the University Medical Center Groningen in the Netherlands.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant received from AstraZeneca.