E-learning Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy & heart failure: exploring new options
This educational program consists of three presentations on HF and HCM.
This course consists of the following:
- HCM and heart failure: is your patient at risk? - Rudolf de Boer, MD, PhD – Groningen, The Netherlands
- Recognizing HCM and HF: making the diagnosis - Mariana Brandão – Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
- Managing patients with HCM and HF: what’s new in the therapeutic landscape? - Iacopo Olivotto, MD – Florence, Italy
How to obtain your CME certificate
- Watch the three lectures and answer the pre- and post-test questions
- Fill in the evaluation questions
- Download CME Certificate (if your score >70%)
After watching these three videos, the learner should be able to:
- Distinguish between HCM and HCM complicated with heart failure with regard to prognosis
- Recall the HCM phenotype with highest HF risk
- Select the diagnostic tests for HCM
- Memorize the mechanism of action of myosin inhibitors
- Discuss the outcomes of phase 3 trials with myosin inhibitors in patients with obstructive HCM
- Rudolf de Boer, MD, PhD – Groningen, The Netherlands
- Mariana Brandão – Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
- Iacopo Olivotto, MD – Florence, Italy
This educational activity is designed for all healthcare professionals with an interest in management of patients with HCM.
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit.
Through an agreement between EBAC and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website. Other health care professionals may obtain from the AMA a certificate of having participated in an activity eligible for conversion of credit to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Funding for this educational program was provided by unrestricted educational grants from Bristol Myers Squibb.
For questions regarding this activity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll