Considerations on antithrombotic treatment of VTE and AF patients10' education - Mar. 8, 2018 - Prof. Menno Huisman (The Netherlands) en dr. Alexander Cohen (VK)
This conversation covers differences in efficacy and safety outcomes of treatment with DOACs or VKA, and how to decide what to give to whom and for how long, in light of the risk of antithrombotic and bleeding complications.
Video navigation menu
- What is more worrying - bleeding or thrombosis? 0:34
- Comparison of VKA and NOAC treatment early after VTE 2:34
- Considerations on choice of agent for long-term treatment after VTE 4:19
- The need for prolonged treatment with NOACs likely depends on the type of patient 6:03
- Choice of a specific DOAC for treatment of VTE or AF, based on patient characteristics and trial data 7:59
- Would a difference in bleeding pattern with different agents in VTE patients be expected if the patients were followed for longer? 10:35
Prof. Menno Huisman - LUMC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Alexander Cohen, MD King's College, London, United Kingdom
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme. Funding was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Pfizer/BMS.