The spectrum of triglyceride-containing lipoproteins
Video navigation menu
- Lipoproteins and their pathways in the body 00:37
- Hypertriglyceridemia and CV risk 04:18
- LDL-c and apoB 06:31
- A broader assessment of atherogenic lipoproteins 08:17
- Causes and therapeutic options in hypertriglyceridemia 11:35
- a. has a target of 50 points above the LDL-c target
- b. does not include chylomicrons
- c. does not line up with ApoB levels
- d. gives a reflection of CV risk conferred by all atherogenic lipoproteins
This educational video is part of a series called '4 Things a cardiologist needs to know about triglycerides' that is aimed to guide cardiologists in how triglycerides affect CV risk and how patients with high triglyceride levels can be managed according to recent insights.
Jorge Plutzky, M.D. is Director, Preventive Cardiology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), and is on the faculty of Harvard Medical School at Boston, MA, USA.
This educational series is funded by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Amarin.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll
The information and data provided in this program were updated and correct at the time of the program development, but may be subject to change.
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: