The proven case for LDL-c lowering
Experts in dialogue - LDL-c goal attainment in high risk patients15' education - Mar. 26, 2021 - Prof. Kausik Ray, MD (London, UK) and prof. John Kastelein, MD, PhD (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
The series 'Experts in dialogue - LDL-c goal attainment in high risk patients' has been developed in response to an Expert Meeting, in which the current situation on LDL-c guideline implementation, barriers of implementation and solutions to improve the proportion of patients achieving their target goals were discussed.
Other topics covered in this series
This educational video is part of a series with different expert discussing the issues and challenges on LDL-c goal attainment in high CV risk patients:
- The gap between LDL-c guideline goals and current practice: how well are we doing? Prof. François Mach, Geneva, Switzerland and prof. Erik Stroes, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- What are current challenges and barriers in achieving LDL-c goals? Prof. Kausik Ray, London, UK and prof. Lale Tokgözoğlu, Ankara, Turkey
- Solutions for improving LDL-c goal attainment - changing treatment patterns Prof. Ulrich Laufs, Leipzig, Germany and Derek Connolly, Birmingham, UK
- Solutions for improving LDL-c goal attainment - advances in patient selection Prof. Maciej Banach, Lodz, Poland and prof. John Kastelein, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- A novel simplified algorithm to achieve LDL-c goal in very high risk patients Prof. Luis Masana, Reus, Spain and prof. Erik Stroes, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Combination therapy for statin-intolerant patients Prof. Maciej Banach, Lodz, Poland and prof. Ulrich Laufs, Leipzig, Germany
Prof. Kausik Ray, MD, is a cardiologist, and Professor of Public Health/Honorary Consultant Cardiologist at Imperial College London, United Kingdom. He is also President of the European Atherosclerosis Society.
Prof. John Kastelein, MD, PhD – Emeritus Professor of Medicine at the Department of Vascular Medicine at the Academic Medical Center (AMC) of the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for the Expert Meeting was provided by unrestricted educational grants received from Amgen and Sanofi. The sponsors did not attend and influence the Expert Meeting and the video recording.