The gap between guideline LDL-c goals and current practice: how are we doing?
Experts in dialogue - LDL-c goal attainment in high risk patients
The series 'Experts in dialogue - LDL-c goal attainment in high risk patients' has been developed in response to an Expert Meeting, in which the current situation on LDL-c guideline implementation, barriers of implementation and solutions to improve the proportion of patients achieving their target goals were discussed.
Other topics covered in this series
This educational video is part of a series with different expert discussing the issues and challenges on LDL-c goal attainment in high CV risk patients:
- The proven case for LDL-c lowering Prof. Kausik Ray, London, UK and prof. John Kastelein Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- What are current challenges and barriers in achieving LDL-c goals? Prof. Lale Tokgözoğlu, MD. Ankara, Turkey and prof. Kausik Ray, London, UK
- Solutions for improving LDL-c goal attainment - changing treatment patterns Prof. Ulrich Laufs, Leipzig, Germany and Derek Connolly, Birmingham, UK
- Solutions for improving LDL-c goal attainment - advances in patient selection Prof. Maciej Banach, Lodz, Poland and prof. John Kastelein, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- A novel simplified algorithm to achieve LDL-c goal in very high risk patients Prof. Luis Masana, Reus, Spain and prof. Erik Stroes, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Combination therapy for statin-intolerant patients Prof. Maciej Banach, Lodz, Poland and prof. Ulrich Laufs, Leipzig, Germany
Prof. François Mach, MD is cardiologist at the Geneva University Hospital in Switzerland.
Prof. Erik Stroes, MD, PhD - Professor of Vascular Medicine, Amsterdam University Medical Centers, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for the Expert Meeting was provided by unrestricted educational grants received from Amgen and Sanofi. The sponsors did not attend and influence the Expert Meeting and the video recording.