Treatment goals for patients with T2DM and CKD
Subtitling in English, German, Italian, Spanish and French10' education - July 13, 2021 - Prof. Peter Rossing, MD - Copenhagen, Denmark - Online CME
Video navigation menu
- Individualized Hb1Ac target for patients with T2DM and CKD 01:17
- EASD-ADA Guidelines for management of hyperglycemia in T2DM 03:42
- KDIGO guidelines for therapies in patients with T2DM and CKD 04:06
- Design of EMPA-KIDNEY - an ongoing renal outcome trial with SGLT2i in patients with and without diabetes 07:12
- Summary and conclusion 08:55
What is after lifestyle therapy the recommended first-line therapy, and the rationale behind this therapy, in the KDIGO guidelines for patients with T2DM and CKD?
- A. SGLT2i for glucose control
- B. Metformin plus SGLT2i, both primarily for glucose control
- C. Metformin plus SGLT2i, both primarily for organ protection
- D. Metformin for glucose control plus SGLT2i primarily for organ protection
- E. SGLT2i plus GLP-1RA, both primarily for glucose control
This lecture by Prof. Peter Rossing was part of the EBAC-accredited symposium "SGLT2i in CKD: How to overcome clinical inertia?" held during the virtual ERA EDTA 2021 congress.
Prof. Peter Rossing is head of research and chief physician at the Steno Diabetes Center in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly.
This is available as accredited online CME on coursepath for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll