Initiation of SGLT2i in CKD: how, when and who?
Video navigation menu
- How to identify patients who are elibible for treatment with SGLT2i 00:04
- When to start therapy with SGLT2i 02:54
- Who should prescribe SGLT2i? 04:56
- Take home messages 08:28
In which patients with CKD would you start SGLT2i therapy?
- A. Only in patients who also have diabetes
- B. Only in patients who also have diabetes or heart failure
- C. In patients with albuminuria >200 mg/g, or heart failure, or diabetes
David Cherney, MD, PhD, Roberto Pecoits-Filho, MD, PhD, and Magdalena Madero, MD were discussants at the EBAC-accredited symposium "Sharing international experience in CKD & SGLT2i: How to identify the right patient at the right moment?" held during the WCN 2023 in Bangkok, Thailand.
- David Cherney, MD, PhD is a nephrologist and Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto. He is also a Clinician Scientist and director of the Renal Physiology Laboratory at the University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospitals.
- Roberto Pecoits-Filho, MD, PhD is a Professor of Nephrology at the School of Medicine, Catholic University of Paraná State in Brazil and a Senior Research Scientist at the Arbor Research Collaborative for Health in Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
- Magdalena Madero, MD is Chief of Nephrology at the National Heart Institute in Mexico City.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant received from Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly Alliance.