Novel therapeutic diabetes approaches: The cardiovascular benefits beyond glucose control
Prof. Lina Badimon discusses several lines of evidence on the beneficial effects of novel antidiabetic therapeutic strategies that affect multiple body systems in addition to glucose metabolism.
Video navigation menu
- The relation between diabetes and atherothrombosis 00:28
- Bone marrow cells in diabetic mice are prothrombotic 02:42
- Diabetes in HF patients worsens outcomes 03:46
- Discovery of GLP-1, and its effects in different organs/systems 06:22
- CV outcome trials with GLP-1RAs and SGLT2 inhibitors 10:29
- Summary: new diabetes drugs with CV benefit 13:38
This lecture by prof. Lina Badimon was part of a CME-accredited symposium "Diabetes, Cardiology & Novel Therapeutic Approaches" held during WCC 2018 in Dubai.
Prof. Lina Badimon is the Director of the Cardiovascular Science Institute (ICCC) in Barcelona in the Hospital Santa Creu and San Pau, Director of the Cardiovascular Research Chair of the Autonomous University of Barcelona and Director of the UNESCO Chair in Biomedical Sciences Training and Research.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-CME. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-CME.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll