Heart failure and diabetes: What is the goal of treatment?10' education - July 17, 2019 - Prof. John McMurray, MD - Glasgow, UK
Video navigation menu
- Current state of management of diabetes and HF 0:39
- Two novel glucose-lowering classes of drugs that may lower the risk of HF 1:37
- Which type of HF is affected upon treatment with SGLT2i and GLP-1RAs? 6:14
- Treatment considerations in patients with established HF 6:42
- Rationale to evaluate SGLT2i also in patients without T2DM 10:32
This lecture by prof. John McMurray was part of a CME accredited symposium "Reshaping the future of heart failure management - Translating innovations to practice in HFpEF".
John McMurray, MD, is Professor of Cardiology and Deputy Director (Clinical) of the Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences at the University of Glasgow and Honorary Consultant Cardiologist at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by unrestricted educational grants from Novartis, Novo Nordisk and Pfizer.