Which patients to consider for GLP-1RA?
5 Things a cardiologist needs to know about GLP-1RA
*NEW* Click on video for subtitling in English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, or Chinese.
Video navigation menu
- Case presentation - Should we modify the glucose lowering medication? 00:23
- What would the guidelines recommend? 02:19
- Evolution of treatment recommendations in management of T2DM 04:22
- Use of anti-glycemic drugs with CV benefit in reality 05:41
- Who should modify the risk management - a Cardiometabolic specialist? 06:42
This educational video is part of a series called '5 Things a cardiologist needs to know about GLP-1 RA' that are aimed to guide cardiologists in management of patients with type 2 diabetes, since the cardiology practice is increasingly confronted with these patients. This series covers five topics that help cardiologists understand why GLP-1 RAs are promising as multifactorial treatment for patients with T2D and/or obesity and CVD, and to improve clinical implementation of guidelines recommending treatment with anti-diabetic drugs with CV benefit.
Prof Stephan Jacob, MD - endocrinologist/diabetologist, University of Tübingen and Cardio Metabolic Institute, Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-cme. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk A/S.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll