How do GLP-1RAs work?
5 Things a cardiologist needs to know about GLP-1RA
New - subtitling in English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, and Chinese
Video navigation menu
- GLP-1 production and glucose-stimulated insulin release 00:34
- Mechanism of action of GLP-1RA and effect of chemical modifications 01:21
- Effect of GLP-1RA on appetite and gastric emptying 02:29
- Are CV benefits of GLP-1RA fully explained by observable changes in risk factors? 03:30
- GLP-1RA CV Outcomes Trials 05:50
This educational video is part of a series called '5 Things a cardiologist needs to know about GLP-1RA' that are aimed to guide cardiologists in management of patients with type 2 diabetes, since the cardiology practice is increasingly confronted with these patients. This series covers five topics that help cardiologists understand why GLP-1 RAs are promising as multifactorial treatment for patients with T2D and/or obesity and CVD, and to improve clinical implementation of guidelines recommending treatment with anti-diabetic drugs with CV benefit.
Naveed Sattar, MD is Professor of Metabolic Medicine, University of Glasgow. He is an academic (active clinically) experienced in biomarker studies/trials investigating the causes, prevention and management of diabetes, obesity and heart disease.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-cme. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk A/S.